(I posted this on my facebook, and didn't want to leave my "blogger" readers out. . . so enjoy!)
While watching Conference, an Apostle gave a talk on prayer. I laughed when he gave a comment on how our personal prayers can be as long as we want, but public prayers should be shorter. Closing prayers shoudn't be a summery of every speakers talk, and shouldn't be an unscheduled sermon.
Ha! How many times have we experienced that!
Maybe it's because I have small children, or maybe it's because I'm starving by the end of Sacrament meeting, but I LOVE short closing prayers.
This weekend I also was caught watching an awards show on TV. (one of my guilty pleasures. . .shhhh!) So, they have a neat system of keeping the speeches short by bring in the music when a person is taking too long. . . .(see where I'm going with this? Ha Ha Ha!) The sudden music playing signals to the winner they'd better hurry up, time is short, there is a schedule to keep!
So. . . . don't you think if a closing prayer gets particularly long. . . the organist can just start playing some postlude music?. . . . to nudge the prayer along?. . . not a bad idea right?
I'm just kidding folks! Don't take this serious. The thought came to my brain last night and it made me laugh. Thought I'd share it with you all.
4 comments:
Hee hee hee. That's funny. I've always wanted to be a pit musician in an awards show just so I can be part of the reason those rich, famous people have to get off the stage.
That is pretty funny... and I agree, sometimes that might not be such a bad idea... I am picturing it now...
That is a interesting thought, Could we do it during the meeting to keep those long winded speakers on schedule too:)
I'm laughing out loud right now! I love the way you think!
Post a Comment