Yes, it's that time again - First Day of School Pictures!
First Grade
I took these pictures before we headed out to catch the bus. . . at 7:25 in the morning!! I'm not a morning person, so it's been a bummer to wake up early to get Alma ready for school - yes, I said "early" - and yes, 7am is "early" to me!
Alma was super excited to go. I didn't go with him to his classroom. (I wish I would've now. . .) so, I've never met his teacher yet. He gets to stay ALL DAY to school and eat lunch. He likes that part.
I was a bit puzzled though, because every day he was coming home - dragging his feet, saying he was exhausted, and had a bad day at school. He was saying the teacher was mean and he wasn't having a fun time. So, after the 4th day in a row of this, I really tried to get him to tell me more. I gathered that his teacher really isn't mean, she just makes them do worksheets. He's just not used to "all day" school. I had a really fun talk with him about how Kindergarden is different than 1st grade. More work, sorry buddy - but it will just make you smarter!
4 comments:
Oh, it is hard to stay at school all day, I feel for you Alma! I am sure you will love it in a few weeks though!
Oh he looks so big and grown up!
That is so cute!! It is definately different going from Kindergarten to 1st grade. Today was Jeremy's 1st day of 1st grade too... love it!!
Cami. I hope you don't mind me stalking your blog and You might not remember me, but I was with you and Kristi down at SUU. Anyway you have a super cute family and your blog is so much fun to read.
Post a Comment