March 4, 2010

Free Root Beer Floats

A few days ago I was having a funky "dinner time" situation with food. This happens very often in my pregnancies and I have a hard time eating dinner. Just nothing ever sounds good. . . anyway, I had the kids eat cereal and was wondering what I was going to eat. I decided on a granola bar. So, about 10 minutes after that, it hit me that I "needed" a Root Beer Float. . . for dinner! That was it - decision made. So I went to the kitchen to make me one. I realized I would have to make the kids one also to avoid sharing mine - so I put together two tiny extra floats for the kids. I took the kids their floats and set them on the table. As I was walking back to get my float I hear them "ooohhh" and "ahhhh" ~ing~ . Then Alma says, "Wow, Mom - we get Root Beer Floats for free??"

Ha! I had to laugh, yes, you may eat these floats without "earning" them. In a child's eyes, that means "FREE!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Emily Brooke said...

i want a free root beer float! i have had about 4 in the past 3 weeks and ive had to earn everyone of them!