Things went smoothly. I have to say, the whole experience was not what I was expecting. Since my last labor with Lili was only 2 hours long, I was expecting another rushed labor. It also scared me because we live about 40 minutes from the hospital. I was expecting Lamoni to be driving me to the hospital while I'm screaming, he'd be driving like a maniac, and I would want him to drive like a maniac. But it was not so. . .
To make a long story short, I sprung a small leak at about 4am on the 21st. I wasn't sure what it was, so I went about my normal day. We went shopping, the whole bit -well, at about 6pm, I decided to go into the hospital just to get checked. The least they could do was send me home. I wasn't having any contractions, but I wanted to ease my mind. So, Lamoni peacefully drove me into the hospital and we checked in at about 6:30/6:45. The nurse checked me and said yes, my water had broke and they were keeping me! I was excited! I still wasn't having contractions and was only dialated to a 2. So, they got me a room, gave me an epidural, some pitocin and Mary-Alice came to us at 11:41pm. It was a very lovely experience. The Lord has mercy on me. . . after 9 months of misery, at least my labor wasn't that bad.
Pearl was able to make it for the delivery, she was working that night at the hospital on the floor above us, so she just took her lunch when I was almost ready to deliver.
Mary-Alice is beautiful. She has lots of dark hair. She gets that from me. I found some pictures of me when I was 2 months old, and they look a lot alike. I'll post them soon. She's a very content baby. And oddly, she prefers to sleep out in the living room with the noise. If I put her in her crib, she wakes up. But, if she's sleeping out with all of us, she'll sleep longer. Alma and Lili are excited for their sister. Alma is a very proud big brother and caters to her every need. Lili likes her, but gets a little bored.
It's been nice having my mom here for the week. I'll sure miss her when she leaves. Well, there will be more stories to come soon. I'm just a happy little mommy! So blessed!
P.S. We think she's going to have blue eyes. . . Lamoni is excited!
7 comments:
So Precious!
She is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad for you. I've been thinking about you all week. And yes you find that the third kid really does prefer noise. Benjamin has taken to chasing me around the house when I vacuum because he loves the sound so much. Congratulations!
Oh Cami - she is beautiful! I think she does look like a Skelton baby - wouldn't that be great if her eyes are blue? What a great mix of you and Lamoni! Congratulations!!
Congrates! She is absolutly beautiful!
P.S. Good job being so calm and relaxed this time:)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is beautiful!!! BTW that name wasn't part of your poll;) It is very cute though. Congrats again!!! Holly
she is soo cute.
i think she looks like!
if you need anything call and i will be there for ya.
Post a Comment