June 16, 2008

Fathers Day Ice Cream

So, I feel terrible that this Fathers Day wasn't the best for Lamoni.  First of all, I was sick with an infection and in bed all day.  I had plans to make beautiful dinners and cute cards with the kids, but none of this happened.  Instead, the kids got into the mud outside and made a huge mess. While making the mess in the mud, they somehow coaxed the dog into the muddy water and after she was a mess, they let her inside the house!!  While we were both giving everyone a bath, we noticed that in their bedroom, they had knocked over a dresser and drawers and clothes were everywhere!  Whew, what a day for Lamoni to be grateful he's a father!!  

So, later after dinner, he got himself a bowl of ice cream and I hear him quietly laughing over in his chair.  I come to inspect, and he is feeding the baby ice cream!!  Now, those of you who know Lamoni. . . this is his thing! He likes to introduce ice cream to all the small babies.  Many of the sister-in-laws have shaken their fingers at him for feeding their babies ice cream behind their back.  What do I say to him?  "Wait honey, let me get the camera!"  Yea, I figure if this event is putting a smile on his face today, I'll let him have this special Fathers day moment. . .




yummy daddy!


what now?  Am I supposed to swallow?


The happy ending!



1 comment:

Arianna said...

SOOO cute! Except Em was not given a spoonful by Uncle Lamoni it was a basic half gallon Ü...does make a difference in the diaper output ! hehe