Early in the spring, I got the itch to plant something. I couldn't plant a garden because I knew we were moving to Vernal. So I picked out some bulbs at Fred Meyers and felt happy about that. I bought two packets and each packet had 3 bulbs in them. (I couldn't even tell you what they were called!) I planted those 6 bulbs in the back yard between the grass and the back fence. A few weeks later the bulbs started to surface and I was quite proud of them.
Well, about 2 weeks later, I went to check on them and they were mangled!! I thought the dog had chewed on them, but then I looked closer. . . Lamoni had mowed the grass earlier. . . I asked him if he mowed over my flowers, but he had no idea what I was talking about. My poor plants, they were chopped down to one inch tall - with no leaves!!
They were survivors!! All 6 of them survived and were growing fast. A few weeks passed and they were about 4 inches tall and very bushy. I was quite proud that they survived a major hair cut.
Last Tuesday I spent the day in Grants Pass at Ken and Pearls house. (Lamoni's parents) and when I came home, Lamoni told me that he finished the landscaping in the back yard. He had filled in the space between the grass and fence with river rock. It looks very nice - the whole perimeter of the back yard. Then I looked for my plants, they were gone!! I ran outside and started digging in the rocks for my plants. I thought they were buried. Lili was helping me dig when Lamoni came outside and asked what we were doing. "I'm looking for my flowers" I replied. "Oh," said Lamoni, "Those were flowers? I thought they were weeds." I looked at him for a moment and said, "when you pulled them, did they have huge roots?" and he said, "I dunno, I had Joseph do it."
I had to laugh over it. It is quite hilarious. I wasn't too attatched to the flowers, I don't even know the name of them. But I was proud they survived the lawn mower, they just couldn't survive landscapers Joseph and Lamoni!!
5 comments:
Men...that's all I have to say!
I guess you will never really know unless you move all the rocks and look for the bulbs in the ground. Too much work. Next time plant your bulbs in a pot:) when are you going to Vernal? Why don't you go a few more states away and live in South Carolina:) Miss you guys!!!!!
why am I not surprised?! That is true to Lamoni and Joseph!
As a budding gardener (ha, ha. Nice play on words!), that story had me laughing right out loud. There are a whole bunch of weeds sprouting in my garden right now because I'm not sure which are weeds and which are real flowers!
Its so fun to read blogs and keep in touch this way! Good thing you weren't too attached to those flowers! Funny! So, are you moving to vernal Utah? Did Lamoni get a job there? What's going on?!!
Love ya!!
Post a Comment