July 8, 2008

Alma's version of Star Wars

Lately I've seen a hilarious video on YouTube about a little girl telling the story of Star Wars.  It was very funny and it got me thinking about Alma.  So, I just sat down at our computer and asked him to tell me the story of Star Wars.  I typed as he talked and I had to supress a few giggles as he talked because Alma is very serious when he tells stories.   So, here is his story.  I know it's out of order, but this was his train of thought and I hope you can follow. . .

"Well, Luke Skywalker never got killed. and Obi-Wan Kenobi got killed and Luke was with Obi-Wan Kenobi and then Obi-Wan Kenobi dies and Luke lost his blue light saber and he used Obi-Wan Kenobi's green light saber cause his light saber died.  That was the battle with Darth Vader.  Princess Leia was on Dark Vader's ship.  Princess Leia was hiding from Dark Vader and then Dark Vader found Princess Leia and the CD was in R2.  and then all the good guys, well some of the ones with helmets, just blasted right down into something.  and then they found bad guys with the long gun.  Then they were gonna fight them, then they found a big machine and went inside it and got in trouble inside it, and slided back right out. " 

Yoda. . . "Yoda never got killed too.  Yoda was teaching Luke how to use the force field.  and then luke used it a long time when they were in a big cave and Luke went without Yoda and found a fake Dark Vader.  Then Yoda lifted up their big ship and Luke went without Yoda to find Princess Leia and all the others and promised he would come back."

Alma then tells me that the guards have a story.  

The guards - "First the guards came and tried to kill Dark Vader, but his guards were too strong.  and then all of his guards and Luke came to try to kill Dark Vader in the ship.  Then they landed on a strange planet and that was where they tried to defeat that giant machine that has some strange weird things that some tractors have."

"The green yukky guy that was big (Jabba the Hut) found Princess Leia and got her to stay with him. He chained her up and then all the other guys were on the other ship. and they wanted to kill that yukky guy.  They made all the ships connected so they can go and get Princess Leia. Princess Leia was in her swimming suit outfit.  

Dark Vader cut off Lukes arm and he was hanging on that thing, then Princess Leia noticed that Luke was in trouble and they turned around to come and get Luke.  and then the end of their story."


He was pretty tired and winded after telling that story.  (I'm just glad I can type fairly fast.)So, he just ended like that, and walked out of the room.  He sure makes me laugh!  He's a blessing to me.
    

3 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

O.k., so that is hilarious. It needs to be a tag for all moms to ask and write down about their kids. I laughed and I plan to have Mike read it tonight. I would love to hear Tyson's version. He's quite the Star Wars fanatic right now.

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun to have that to compare to as he grows both in body and intellect! I wish I would have done more of the journal type stuff when my boys were young!!! I love your family sticker;)

Marcee said...

That was adorable! Alma is so cute. And he is getting so big. I wish we could see you guys more often.