Saturday, August 23rd. My Mom came home from BYU Education week and we took the kids to the Utah Hogle Zoo. They have never been to a zoo before, so we thought this would be fun! We called my little brother, Wes and he came with his fiance, Jessica. The kids had a blast at the Zoo. Lili's favorite animal was the white Alligator. Yep, it isn't albino, but just white - very rare and amazing to see! Alma's favorite animal was the bats and scorpions. Yea, such a boy! It was a lot of fun, and I thank my wonderful mother for the experience!
Monday, August 25th. My other little brother, Devin was married that night. It was a beautiful wedding and the pictures turned out great! My Mom was excited to have all 9 of her grandchildren there. We took pictures of her and 9 grandchildren around her. Two of them were not happy, so the pictures were funny! Good times! Also, Devin's band played there. Now, hearing them in person (yea, I'm still trying to regain hearing in my left ear - ha!) I still can't figure out what style they are. Devin said they are "experimental rock" Yea, anyone can figure that out! You can check them out for yourself on Myspace. They have a myspace page under "Alex the Skydiver". That's the bands name. . . Alex the Skydiver. Anyway, it was a beautiful wedding and a fun experience. I give my congratulations and best wishes to them both. I love you guys!
Wednesday, August 27th. Alma was tested for Kindergarden. I was a bit nervous, like I was being tested also, for my parenting skills. But I knew I wasn't, it was just a new adventure for me. Alma did good. There's just a few things he needs to work on. I can handle that! He starts school next Wednesday, and I hope I can hold it together. I'm sure I'll have a long blubbering blog about how my baby is going off to school. Beware.
Friday, August 29th. We left Vernal for an 8 hour drive to St. George Utah. I have a family reunion this weekend and we (I) decided that we needed to go. The drive was good. In other words, the kids were good. Ha! We were able to stop in Cedar City (where Lamoni and I met!) and meet up with one of my good friends from college. She was a fellow drummer and now teaches band and choir in the Parowan Jr. High and High school. She is so awesome! Her name is CaryLee and she hasn't changed - lucky, mumble mumble. Ha! It was great talking to her and seeing her house. We then went on to St. George where we stayed at a great hotel for a great price. (try Hotwire.com. . . . it's the best!)
Saturday, August 30th. That afternoon was my Skelton family reunion. It was good to see my family, and the cousins that I grew up with. We all have kids of our own - weird! The reunion was at a clubhouse, so there was a pool. We took the kids swimming and they loved it. Alma tried to drown himself the first few minutes - he remembered taking swimming lessons (2 years ago!) so he thought he could swim better than he could. Yea, good thing I was right there with him. He's a very brave boy. Later that evening we had dinner with one of my BESTEST friends, Hayley Winslow! I was so excited to see her. It's been years - and the last time I saw her, she was at the University of Utah hospital, having brain surgery! She looks so good. I sure miss her. We have great conversations and great laughs. She's a music nerd like me, so we have a lot to talk about and make fun of! Ha! Our kids had a blast also. She has three kids too and her kids are all within 3 months of age with my kids. And I just have to note that her baby, Brayden is soooo cute! She has lots of pictures on her blog, but they don't do him justice! He is so much cuter in person! He has these big beautiful eyes and he's a sweetheart.
Hayley was able to get us some tickets to Tuachan to see Les. Miserables. She plays the french horn in the orchestra pit. My parents came with us and it was amazing. We had a little misunderstanding at the box office, but we were able to make it to see the play. I have to say, after listening to the music for 10 years and now finally seeing the play. . . everything makes more sense now. The songs and characters are finally coming together! It was great! The cast was amazing and the music was breathtaking. (So was the theatre. Tuachan is an amazing theatre!)
So, it has been an adventurous few weeks. I hope to post some pictures soon. Hope you didn't get bored reading my long post. Sorry! Until later. . .
5 comments:
Ahhh Cami, you're such a great friend- one of my BESTEST too. It was so good to see you. I wish we had longer, ya know, to shop and eat and scrapbook and so on. Maybe one day when you move down here becasue you can't stand being away from my presence. HA! Really, I had a great time talking with you and watching the kids play so well together. We'll have to plan a wedding for our youngest to marry. I love you!
I am so jealous you were in St George!! I lived there for a few years after High school and LOVED it there! I have lots of family and friends there too. If you are up on the Boulevard ever, you have to stop by Southwest Motors and say hello to my cousin Jeremy. He owns that dealership!
I'm go glad you got to see Les Mis! It really is so much better when You put the music to the play. Sounds like you are having way to much fun! Don't worry Alma will do great at school! It's his mom I worry about! You'll be fine, I just find out that I miss my boy A LOT!
It's good to hear that things are going good for you guys... Holly
Cami-
it was good to see you at the reunion (even though I really didn't get to visit with you at all cause I was always having to watch my kids in the pool!)
We were so excited when we pulled up in the parking lot & saw your parents - i didn't expect to see them - much less you, so that made the reunion all the more worth it. So cute to see all your kids. ANyways, your mom told me you had a blog & gave me the address & i'll email you an invite to mine. This will be fun to keep in touch with you better. Now if we could only get Amy to start one!!
Tiffany (your cousin's wife)
Post a Comment