October 17, 2008

My "Tad Hamilton"

The house we live in has a fireplace.   This fireplace is the main source of heat for us, so we are preparing for a COLD winter here in Vernal.  Lamoni got a firewood permit (which was weird for him, he comes from Oregon - firewood a plenty!) and he went up the mountain with Mosiah to get some firewood.  This is the HUGE pile of trip #1 for firewood.  He told me that he was going to start splitting it. 

 I looked at him with big eyes, and asked, "you mean I get to watch you split wood with your shirt off?"  

He shrugged, and said, "I guess I can take my shirt off,  I used to when I split wood for Tutu-grandma."  

I then got all giddy, and said, "can I blog it?" 

He just rolled his eyes, and mumbled, "I guess. . ."  


I was reminded of one of my favorite movies, "Win a date with Tad Hamilton".  It's a cute movie with the story along the lines of "Bye-Bye Birdie".  Anyway, there's a funny scene when the two men fighting for the girl are on a farm, and the movie-star rips off his shirt and starts splitting wood.  The poor local boy is struggling to be manly enough for his girl who has fallen for this movie-star.  It's a cute movie, and Lamoni is MY "Tad Hamilton".

I know, I'm crazy for my husband, but I can't help it - he's cute to me!

The kids were a big help.  They liked fetching the split wood and bringing it to Daddy so he could stack it.  Once I came to check on them, and was left chuckling at my little Alma.  He decided to set up a pretend "camping" area.  All by himself!  You can see he set up little logs to sit on, and then collected rocks and bark to make a fire-pit.  Then he found a stick to roast marshmallows on!  How cute!!


1 comment:

Marcee said...

How cute is Alma... Loving that.

It is total ok that you are so in love with your hubby!!

Nice to have lots of family around during the holidays. I know I love it!