We had the BEST time yesterday with family and friends. First of all, we feel blessed to have so much family and friends near - even though we moved so far-away from home. We all loaded up, and drove to this neat family farm past Roosevelt.
First things first, the kids all wanted to ride the "cow". So here are a few cute pictures of them together.
This is Lili and Austin (Billy and Cassie's oldest) Lili pointed to this picture just now, and told me that he was her best friend! Cute! Next is Alma with Kaden. Then Whitney with Samuel.
How cute is that? A few of us Adults wanted to ride too!
Next event - we hit the corn maze. It was neat because they gave you this quiz sheet that had multiple answer trivia questions about Halloween. When you came to a fork in the maze, there usually was a wooden post with a corresponding number to your trivia question. The answers told you to go Left or Right. So, if you got the answer right, you would make it out of the maze. So, it was fun tromping together as a group. We did make a few wrong turns, and only lost a few kids once or twice!
Here's Alma looking at "the map" of the maze. He liked being in charge of the map.
Beautiful Nora, and Beautiful Alex
After the maze, we thought we'd try to take some traditional family pictures. Ha! Here's the best we could get of the kids. . . The brothers. . .
The AWESOME sister-in-laws!
They also had a little "petting zoo", but the only animals were goats, so I guess it should be called a "goat petting area"! This was Lili's FAVORITE part of the whole day. She loves animals!
The kids loved the play area where they could climb, slide, and dig in the sand.
The Gang hangin' out. . .
Then there was this tube just laying in the yard, so Uncle Enoch and Samuel started rolling the cousins upside-down! It was funny - the kids who were at the end would roll out! It was very entertaining!
We then boarded a tractor-pulling-wagon and took a hay ride across the street to pick pumpkins. Pictures from the ride. . . Steph and Enoch
The Gunderson family. . .
The kids who wanted to sit up front.
I had Laurel take a picture of Lamoni and I, then I returned the favor. . .
We hopped off the wagon, and fanned out to try and find the "perfect" pumpkin. Alma found his pumpkin, and decided to roll it down the road toward the wagon. It was pretty funny. The pumpkin turned out to be a bit "squishy", (imagine that!) so we decided to leave it.
Lili found an armful of baby pumpkins that she HAD to have!
We even got a "warty" pumpkin for MaryAlice
It was a very fun day at the farm and picking pumpkins! I hope we can do it again next year!
2 comments:
That was such a GREAT day! We had so much fun! We need to get together more often and do family stuff. So glad we have another family here to play with! :D
I love that corn maze! Jordan went once with his school while we were living there and once with me when I went with the Young Women/Men from our ward. I have his map with the trivia questions in his scrapbook. :-) I still can't get over the fact that you are in Vernal and I didn't even know!
It looks and sounds like you guys had a wonderful day!
Post a Comment