November 27, 2008

Giddy up!

Okay, first of all, I have no idea why this text is underlined, so sorry, you'll just have to deal with it.  I've tried everything. . . .anyway. . . ..

Lili just loves animals, and most of all Horses!  She always remembers that her Gramma Harmon has horses at her house and Lili is always asking me to go to Gramma Harmons to ride horses.  I remember when I was little I loved going to Grams to ride the pony.  There is usually ALWAYS a pony up in the corral so the kids can ride.  

Well, a sad event in life. . . Lamoni is allergic to Horses!  Yes! I know! How sad!! 

So, I made a short trip to my Mom's last weekend so we could have an early Thanksgiving for Devin. (My little bro, as of Monday, he's off to basic training for the Air Force - go Dev!) Lamoni couldn't come, so it was just me and the kids. . . . you thinking what I'm thinking?  Yea, lets ride the horses!  So I called my Aunt Julie and asked her if they had a pony.  Well, for the first time in decades, there isn't a pony - just horses, but they are nice horses so Julie said we could saddle them up and let the kids ride.  I was so excited and you can imagine how ecstatic Lili was!!

There (wow, my text is back to normal. . . odd. . . . just go with it. . . ) anyway, there are two horses at Gramma's house.  I don't remember the tan one's name, but the paint's name is Oreo,  You'll see how cute that name is later. . .
  

Lili was first.  She was a little nervous sitting up high on the horse, but she had a HUGE smile on her face the whole time.  Julie led the horse in a circle around the  corral and Lili loved it.  She kept thinking she was going to slide off. (she wasn't used to the motion of a moving horse. . . just used to the merry-go-round)

 

Next it was Alma.  He did a great job!  He loved it and Julie said he is a natural at riding. 
 

Next they saddled Oreo - see how cute that name is! Perfect!


Everyone got to ride Oreo also.  After one round on Oreo, Lili said, "This horse is better, I'm not gonna fall off this one.) Cute!
  

This is Breeanne - Julie's daughter.  She had a great time also.


Thanks Julie and Robby for making a great memory for my kids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun for you and the kiddo's I did not see a pic of you riding though...

Marcee said...

Very fun! The kids look so happy. Hos strange that Lamoni is allergic to horses! My husband is allergic to dogs.. oh well, no yucky dog smell or hair all over the house, I guess.

Mike and Joy said...

This looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures.