Yup, I did it. . . I went out with the "crazies" yesterday morning! I actually had no plans to go until Thursday night. Lamoni and I casually scanned the sales ads, and amazingly found some good deals! (Imagine that!)
Now, I'm no professional at Black Friday (believe me, there are pro's out there!) but I've been a few times. I went a few times with Lamoni's sister, Celestia back in Oregon. It was always fun, and we hit some fun stores. Now - I live in a small town called Vernal, UT and you have two choices. . Walmart and Kmart! That's it! Yea, NO Costco, NO mall, NO Michaels, NO Old Navy, NO GI Joes, NO Target and so on. . .
So, I had my ad from Walmart, and I had my ad from Kmart, and I set off at 5 am. Lamoni graciously stayed at home ASLEEP with the kids. I show up at Walmart at 5:05 and there was NO PLACE TO PARK! Geesh, I hate going to Walmart on a normal day, and I'm here on Black Friday? I'm crazy! I walk into the store and head back to the toy/electronic section. I soon see that it is a big mess. Everyone had a cart, and nobody was willing to move. I was soon glad I didn't have a cart. I zig-zagged through the mess of carts and into the toys. After battling some intersections, I finally found the barbies I was looking for. I had intended to look at some video games, but I knew there was NO WAY I was getting to the electronics section. So, I took my Barbies and went to the checkout. I was out of there by 5:30. I didn't know where else to go, so I drove to Kmart. Now, Kmart didn't open until 6am, so I stood in line for 20 minutes. (yup, what was I thinking?) The doors opened and the rush of people was exciting and gave me an adrenaline rush. I was in search for a Nintendo DS. So, I head towards the electronics department with half the crowd. I find my way to the locked cabinets of video games. I begin my search for the DS. I ask a sales rep where they are, and she tells me they are located up at the customer service desk. What?!? Why on earth are they there? - So, I have to head back to the front of the store, swimming like a fish upstream against the crowd to get my DS. I make it there, and Yes, whew, I got the DS I was looking for. It was only then, I get a cart, and begin my shopping process. I took it a bit slower and enjoyed the event. It wasn't as crazy at Walmart - until I was done and proceeded to the check-out. It was there I stood for 30 minutes waiting to check out. While waiting in line, I saw a lady also waiting in line - she was cute - she had the football paint under her eyes! Yep, she was ready for this shopping day!
While on my way home, I stopped at Smiths for some milk. The store was EMPTY! Imagine that!
I arrived home at 8am and the children were still sleeping. Awww! I was tired and tried twice to take a nap that day, but it's quite impossible to take a nap with 3 kids running around the house. It was fun, and who knows if I'll do it again next year. . . (the toys are still in my car - I should get them out before church tomorrow right?!?)
4 comments:
Good job!!!!
Hee, hee, hee. I went to the stores at noon. Yep, noon. I'm too poor this year to actually care about what I'm getting as long as it's cheap. I just got whatever was leftover at Target, but when it came to Michaels, I knew just where I was going. I'm sorry you don't ahve one anymore. Michaels and Roberts are my vacation homes (and I think they have both cost me as much as actual vacation homes)!
I was with you at Walmart... craziness!! But Target was almost worse, if you can imagine that!!
Brave girl - glad you survived & got what you wanted.
Post a Comment