December 31, 2008

Christmas Blues

Yes, I am finally putting up our Christmas adventures. . . here's why. . . . 4 out of the 5 of us were sick for Christmas!  Including me!  Yuck!!  Today I'm finally feeling a bit better to where I can acknowledge the world.  

A warning, there are quite a few pictures here, so sorry! I am starting with a few family parties, and ending with Christmas morning. . . 

First - Saturday, December 20th  were two of our Family parties. Both of them in the Salt Lake Valley, and both from my Mom's side of the family! Fun!  The Simmons party in the afternoon, and the Harmon party in the evening.  I left Vernal Saturday morning due to nasty weather, and barely made it to the Simmons party.  We literally walked in while Santa was calling the kid's name.  They saved my kids for last knowing we were going to be late.  Whew!  

Here's the kids on Santa's lap. . .
  
Notice Alma's face. . . I felt bad for him this year, I asked him what he wanted for Christmas early on, and he said Lego's and a play-gun.  Okay, so Santa went shopping, Check!  A few weeks later, he sat on Santa's lap at a Church party and asked for Heely's.  What!?!  No way! I tried to talk him out of that one for various reasons, and thought the matter was handled.  Well, December 19th was his Kindergarten Christmas Program.  That morning while waiting to get on the bus, I asked him again what he wanted for Christmas.  He answered Heely's again!  So, I talked to him again on why that wouldn't be a good idea and such.  So, we went to his school later that day for his program.  Little did I know that part of the program had them stand up at the microphone and say what they wanted for Christmas.  Uh, Oh!  Poor little Alma - I saw his face when it was his turn.  He just stood there, not knowing quite what to say.  I could see that when they had practiced he had answered Heely's.  But now that I had opened my big mouth that morning and ruined his answer, he didn't know what to say.  So, he said, "um, um, um, a scooter".  What!?!   Poor guy.   So, here at this party sitting on Santa's lap just days before Christmas, Santa asked what he wanted, and he actually said, "I don't know.".  Oh, I felt so bad!  But, you'll see  later in the post that he was happy with what Santa brought in the end.  Whew!!

The presents the "Simmon's Party Santa" gave them.  Lili's Barbie count = 1
  

MaryAlice with Grandma Harmon checking out her toy. 
 

Now on to the Harmon party that night.  
It's a tradition at my Gramma Harmon's Christmas Party to have a talent show.  Then my cousin, Robby, dresses up as Santa and hands out presents.  Well, the little kids found the Santa suit before Robby even showed up for the party.  So, the little kids had fun dressing up as santa while the Adults ran around getting ready for the party.  Cute hu! 
 

My Brothers boy, Corbin, starting off the talent show with an original piece on guitar. Remind you of August Rush? Corbin's awesome at guitar.  And, yes, he plays Guitar Hero in this position on Expert!  Yup, Expert!!  He's 11 years old!  The rest of the talent show was great.  A few songs, a few magic tricks and some piano playing.  Then Gramma recited her famous "Twas the Night Before Christmas" poem, and it was on to the gift giving.  We draw names and pass them out at the party.  Lili got a barbie from Aunt Merinda, and a barbie from Gramma.  Barbie count = 3
 

Gramma found the perfect present for my brother, Brandon.  You see, Gramma is a die hard BYU fan, and Brandon is a die hard UofU fan.  Yea, they've clashed for years!  So, Gramma found Brandon this UofU hat in beautiful BLUE!! (BYU colors) She was so proud of herself.  In her own words, "Oh, Bran, look how wonderful you look!" Brandon found it less appealing. 


My Mom's dog, Gidget was the resident Reindeer of the night.

We came home Tuesday and I began preparing for Christmas Eve.  While staying at my Mom's house, Alma became sick with a cough and headache.  By the time we got home on Tuesday, Lili had the beginnings of it.  Oh, no!  Don't spread, don't spread, don't spread!!  Well, Christmas Eve, I felt myself getting sick!  Great!  No doubt the baby's gonna get it now! Well, it turned out to be the nasty flu.  Yuck! I was in bed by 8:30 Christmas Eve, and I barely remember Christmas morning.  I remember thinking, "How did all the presents get opened? Where am I?" I was back in bed at 9am Christmas morning.  Lili was also sick, but toughing it out for the presents.  She was sick last year as well.  Poor girl.  Two Christmas's in a row to be sick! Despite that, they had a good Christmas.  

Lili's reaction to her "Mermaid game!"  and Alma loved his play-gun.  (I knew he would!)
   

MaryAlice just playing around with the toys and wrapping paper.  (She got sick the day after Christmas.)
 

Food Storage! Yes!  Thanks Mom and Dad!

The Kids got me a Hula-Hoop for Christmas.  You should've seen how cleverly wrapped it was under the tree! I tried to hula-hoop, but I couldn't do it.  I used to be AWESOME at the hula-hoop back in my day, but for some reason, I can't do it now!  I've come to the conclusion that "back-in-the-day" I had a waist! Now I don't! and a hula-hoop works best if you have a waist!  So, I just hula-hoop around my neck and impress the kids that way!
  

Lili all dressed up in her Princess attire.   
 

The MESS afterward!  (I didn't see this, I was in bed!)


It was a great Christmas and we feel really blessed.  Lamoni finished our closet for my Christmas present.  It's nice to have a finished closet! Thanks hubby!  Oh, by the way, Lili's barbie count at the end of Christmas = 7!  I had to go and buy a bigger "Barbie tub" the other day to fit them all.  

Hope you all had a Great Christmas!

3 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

Love it! You're house looked a lot like mine! Hope you are all over the worst of the sicknesses!

Kristi said...

And somewhere in the midst of all that you knitted a hat?! I can't wait to see that post. And yay! for Barbies - I'll play with Lili any day!

Mike and Joy said...

Great pics! Aren't Barbie tubs great? :-)