July 11, 2009

T-Ball Spring 2009

Warning. . . this post may contain some motherly boasting. . . (deal with it, it feels good!)

So, I never thought that T-Ball would be Alma's first "team sport".   I always thought it'd be soccer.  (isn't that the norm?) But, for some reason, soccer just never worked out for us.  Alma still wants to play soccer, but it just never worked out with our schedules, or I was informed too late, or stuff like that. . . So, a while ago while asking Alma what he wanted to be when he grew up.  He told me he wanted to be a Baseball player.  (?) I don't know where that came from. . . we don't play baseball, we don't watch baseball.  He just seemed to like the concept of it.  So, when I saw they were having T-Ball sign ups for the summer, I would let Alma start on his dream.  

He loved it from day one! I knew he would.  Lamoni and I would practice pitching the ball to him so he could hit it.  He was good! (if a proud Mommy can say!) It did take him a little getting used to the rules of the game. . . when to run, (which way to run) when to go after the ball, when to stay on your base.  Fun stuff like that.  By his last game, he was a very talented very confident little player.  

He's a left-handed batter and thrower, so we had to remind the coach to put him on the right side of the base a few times, but like I said, by the last few games he had the hang of it, and strutted up to the base ready to take on the tee and it's ball.  

(here comes the boasting part. . .) During one game, Alma was batting particularly well, and after a strong hit, I over heard the other teams coach say, "Wow, that kid is either a seasoned T-Ball player, or has his own tee at home."  I wanted to inform her "Neither".  This is his first season with T-Ball, and we don't have a tee at home.  *sigh*  makes a mother feel proud!

Here's a few pictures of his season of T-Ball.  Go Twins!


Lamoni was able to help out on the field.  (Lamoni really enjoyed this, he even made a comment about coaching T-Ball next year and Lili and Alma can play, nice!)


playing with a teammate while waiting to bat

These pictures were from the very last game.  This is the last inning, and he got to be pitcher.  It gave him a bunch of opportunities to catch fly balls.  He loved it!




Here's his coach handing him his trophy!

What a treasure!

So proud, can't wait until next year! 


He's also informed me that he wants to play Basketball, football, soccer and T-Ball again! Whew! Here we go!

1 comment:

Hayley Winslow said...

What? He's not playing trumpet? piano? percussion? How dare he! The things our kids do. Mine will sing, but Anna is a dancer and Ty loves gymnastics. Breaks my heart.....