So, I had them all come to Vernal this year! Woo Hoo!!
Brandon brought his RV trailer, and the rest of us had tents - well, we were all envying Brandon by the first night - We went through a nasty storm; thunder, lightning, rain, hail wind!! Yea, it sucked being in a tent that night. The second night was a bit better, but super COLD! I got out of the tent that morning and there was frost on the ground!! Nasty!! But luckily the weather was getting better that day and by the time we were packing up, most of us had our jackets off. So, it was a fun adventure. . . some highlights. . .
While it was Hailing, everyone was hiding in the trailer - but Lamoni, my super husband was chopping wood! What a man!!
Here's everyone else trying to stay dry and warm in the trailer.
Our campsite. . .
I went out in the nasty weather to take some pictures. . . it hailed on us!
Finally, the sun came out and we were able to relax and do some fun camping stuff.
I surprised everyone by holding a "skit hour". I brought up my tub full of crazy hats. (I used to collect them in High School). It was basically a bunch of dress-up/Halloween fun stuff. I put everyone into family groups and told them to act out a movie scene. It turned out funny! Here's my family doing a scene from Harry Potter. Lamoni is Dumbledore, and me and the kids are wizards.
Brandon, Cody and my Mom were on a team, and they were Superheroes. (inspired from the Incredibles) It was super funny, my Mom was "High-Five Woman" Cody was the "Jester Kid" and Brandon was "Mr. Ho Ho".
Devin, and Merinda had a cute skit planned with Lydia, but she fell asleep, so they had to come up with something else on the spot. . . So, Devin reenacted the scene from Mulan where she climbs up the pole with those weight-straps. It was funny.
Toby and his family did the movie, "Watchers in the Woods". It was funny. . .
Here's my Mom enjoying her two Grand-babies. Lydia and MaryAlice are going to be good friends!
Lili playing in the fire - I know, super safe huh!?!
We found the kids having a "Nintento DS Fest" in the trailer. Three of them brought their DS's and were just sitting there playing. (including my boy!) Well, Lamoni found out about this, and broke up the rave. . . he made them all go outside and enjoy nature. Ha!
Then there was the "Dirt-eating MaryAlice". It seemed like I was constantly removing dirt and wood, rocks, pine needles from her mouth. It was mostly because of GORP. GORP is basically a modified trail mix that my Mom makes. It's got everything! So, I would give MaryAlice a cup full of GORP and she would walk around enjoying her treat. Well, she would drop it - it would spill - then she, being the good girl she is, would pick it up and put it back in her cup, along with handfuls of dirt and stuff. The squirrels liked cleaning up after MaryAlice's GORP spills.
So, it was a fun camping experience and can't wait until next year!
1 comment:
That is so fun that you and your families went camping...I love skits! We have a dress up box at my moms house and when we get together we get out and act like retards...but we sure have fun!
Post a Comment