It was also all red, the underside of his hand was swollen too, and it was hot to the touch. I was getting worried about infection. But this worried mom was arguing with her brain, because we don't have health insurance. What can they do for stings?? So, I called Lamoni's Mom who is a nurse. She said to put ice on it, give him benadryl and give him a blessing. So, I did that. Lamoni and Mosiah gave him a blessing that night and I decided if it was still this bad or worse, I would take him to the doctor in the morning. Well, the good Lord blesses us doesn't he! The next morning (Thursday) it didn't look as swollen and he felt better. I still kept him home from school Thursday and Friday because it was still bothering him. (can you imagine??) But it did get better! He's been stung before, but never reacted like this. It makes me wonder. I'll have to watch him in the future.
October 22, 2009
What the Wasp???
Alma came home from school on a Tuesday and told me that he got stung by a wasp in his class. I asked him if it was a bee or a wasp. Since we have wasps in our house (the stinkers somehow find a way through our century old windows. . . I just know it! ) he knows the difference. He says it was a wasp and it stung him on the top of his hand by his knuckles. The School Office put ice on it. It looked a little red, and he complained that it hurt. I gave him some tylenol and sent him to bed. He woke me up at 6 in the morning that it hurt again. I gave him more tylenol. When he got on the bus at 7:30 it was looking a bit more red and swollen. But I figured it would start to get better. . .. well, it didn't. The office called me that day saying it was super swollen and he was complaining it was hurting again. So, I came to get him. Yea, it was HUGE. See! - - - - -



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that must have been one angry wasp and big no doubt!!! I think that school needs to check the grounds for nests and have some insect control!!
When it comes to stings/bites I always skip the tylenol and head straight for the benedryl, its so much more effective. Glad he's feeling better.
Post a Comment