We had a sad tragedy on Tuesday. Our dog of 2 years was hit by a car and died. I never thought it would be this hard to loose Jessie. She was a great dog and will be missed.
Jessie came to us in November 3, 2007. We purchased her (and her brother, Cowboy) from a breeder in Grants Pass, OR. The lady was super nice and we like that Jessie and Cowboy were "First Generation" Maltese/Poodles. They were very smart and fun dogs. (and they don't shed! Woo Hoo!) Although we passed Cowboy along to some family, we kept Jessie and she has grown to be a big part of our family.
The kids miss her terribly - especially Lili. They were best buddies. Jessie even slept with Lili at night. She misses Jess, and wants another dog already.
The accident happend around 9:30 am. From what Lamoni told me, a lady hit her (out on the busy road. . . which is strange to me because Jessie never goes to the road - I was sure to teach her that, my guess is she was chasing something. . .) Well, the lady hit her and was kind enough to get out of her car, pull Jess to the side of the road, and call the phone number on Jessie's tag. Lamoni answered the call, and went to retrieve her. He thinks it killed her instantly (thank goodness) and she didn't look too bad. The kids were able to pet her and all. We pulled Alma out of school so we could tell him and Lili at the same time. We then had a small funeral and buried her out in the field under a huge tree. Alma drew her a picture and Lili threw a flower in for her.
It's been hard. Harder than I thought. Probably because it wasn't expected. So, here's to Jessie:
Here she is soon after we got her.
After her first professional grooming
How she survived her first Utah winter. . . looks thrilled doesn't she?
Lili actually took this picture of Jess. I should blow it up and frame it for her.
6 comments:
Wow, I'm so sorry Cami. I've had pets killed by cars, so I know how sad it is, especially for kids.
Oh Cami that is just awful, I am glad that you have pictures and will be able to remember her. Maybe a new puppy can come live at your house this Christmas!
Oh, makes me want to cry. Anna would feel the same way if her kitty died. We love you guys and are sorry for the loss.
Oh that's sad! It's always hard to lose a pet. So sorry!
I know we've talked extensively about this, but I wanted you to know how heart-broken I (still) am about Jessie! I can't imagine what life would be like without Kinsey. Although, apparently I almost hit her today as I was backing out of my driveway. Good thing I didn't see how close it was or I would've been freaking out! Love you!
SO SAD!! I love my dogs and I don't look forward to when they die. Definitely the worst part about having a loving family dog.
Post a Comment