So, my Mom came to visit to help me put up these drapes. Let me first tell you that we put up 9 drapes, and didn't even turn on the sewing machine! Yes, true story, let me explain. . . The fabric my Mom had was actually two HUGE already-assembled drapes They were like 80 inches long and they had a hem at the bottom, and eyelets in the top for hanging. We simply cut off the eyelets, cut to fit the window, turned it upside down, and used the bottom hem to slip a spring-curtain-rod inside and stick up in my windows. Ta-da! Curtains without sewing. We just cut them with scissors! (Blackout fabric doesn't fray) We kept giggling at the idea of putting up so many drapes without a sewing machine!
See how well it blocks out the sun! Hopefully it will block out the cold too! I put them between the blinds and the window. Now the next step is to sew (yes, I will bring out my sewing machine finally!) some pretty fabric tab curtains to decorate the inside of my little house. I have already started this project, so hopefully soon you will see them finished.
Here's a picture of the front of my house. Those 6 windows are 3ft x 6ft and huge! Hopefully those curtains will help this winter. Thanks MOM!
2 comments:
Good job Cami!! How fun to have your mom to help:)
I'm a little jealous. I hate the cost of drapes, but I want some so bad. Our house is also very drape-less and I'm getting sick of it. I your mom is ever bored, she can bring some of that lovely stuff down to my house!!
Post a Comment