November 2, 2008

Halloween


This Halloween was surprisingly mellow.  Alma's school had a Halloween Carnival on Tuesday, then our ward did the trunk-or-treat on Halloween night.  It was great! Not too crazy.  These pictures are from our ward trunk-or-treat.  

MaryAlice was the traditional Pumpkin. . . I say traditional because both Alma and Lili wore this pumpkin costume I made (when Alma was a baby) for their "First Halloween".   

The other surprising thing was both my kids wanted to wear the same costumes as last year! (yes! I say. . . Yes and cha-ching!) Good thing they still fit.  

So, Alma was a very buff Spiderman.


Lili was a Ladybug (three years running!) I think next year she might actually outgrow this costume, and hopefully we won't have a meltdown. 


So, here is Lamoni running the candy-bucket from our trunk.  He was the famous "Captain Jack Sparrow" complete with peg leg.  Actually it was a plunger, but it was a true-good-old-fashion peg leg! He unscrewed his "foot" from his prosthetic socket, and inserted a plunger! Ta-Da! Instant pirate leg.  It was a hit!  A few of the kids couldn't believe what they were seeing, they would ask if it was real, then stare in amazement.  Most the adults would notice, but not say anything.  All in all, it was a great costume with great special effects!



We actually ran out of candy after 30 minutes of being there.  oops! Lamoni says he's in charge of the candy next year! I actually didn't even buy any this year, I just used up the candy we bought a few months ago at Costco.  It was a HUGE bag of hard candy, and I knew it would stay in my house for YEARS, so I was a nice mommy, and gave it all away!  Next year, we know to get more candy.  We left the church and went trick-or-treating at Smith's.  They were giving out candy - topping off the kid's buckets! We didn't know what to do next, so we went home.  We were home by 6pm, so we watched a movie!  No trick-or-treaters come to our house, it's on a main Highway, and well hidden from the road. All in all, it was a very fun and calm Halloween.


When we got home, we let MaryAlice have her first taste of sugar.  Yep, we start them young! She loved this sucker, she kept making yum-yum sounds and smacking her lips.  It was cute.

3 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

This is adorable! 3 years in one costume, huh? My kids change their minds within 5 min. Way to go. ONe day I'll pst my halloween pictures. Until then, I'm jsut going to eat my kids candy.....Moo-moo club USA!

Tessa Marie said...

Haha, I love Lamoni's plunger leg. What a cool idea! Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween!

Vana Powell said...

lol- Lamoni is so funny- perfect pirate is right! And you made him cut his hair just before halloween. HaHa. You're kiddos were very cute too.