January 12, 2009

Sweet Spirit

So, I had one of those neat conversations with Alma this morning, and Lamoni thought I should post it.  It's sweet.  

We were waiting for the bus this morning.  We were kind of early, so we walked down the road a bit to get the mail.  I was holding Alma's hand and he said to me
"Be careful Mommy, I don't want you to get hurt or hit by a car."
"Thanks honey, I'll be careful"  I replied.
"I don't want you to die because if you die, Daddy will have to get a new girlfriend"
I chuckled and replied,
"Okay, I'll be REALLY careful."

So, we get back to our driveway and wait for the bus again.  Alma then says to me,
"I know what happens when you die."
"Oh, really?  What happens?" I ask him.
"You get resurrected."
"You're right. You get resurrected and get a new body."
"Really? A new body?" 
(I could tell he was interested and excited about this idea. . . )
So, I try to explain to him more. . .
"Yea, you get a new body, and it's a good body.  A Perfect body.  Um, Like when Daddy gets resurrected he'll have a real foot."

Alma gets a huge smile on his face and says,
"Oh, and will he have a new back so he won't be in any more pain?"
"Yes, honey.  That's why Daddy can't wait for Jesus to come.  He really wants a new body."
"Oh."

I couldn't help but marvel at my sweet little boy.  He knows and understands WAY more than I think.  I know the Lord gives us our Children to teach US sometimes.  I think that conversation also helped Lamoni understand that his children really care about him and love him.  

I can only smile and wait for the days ahead when my sweet spirit Alma, will teach me more things I need to learn and remember.  Thank you Lord, for our Children.  

2 comments:

Marcee said...

Oh how sweet... I love it! You know you are doing a good job in raising them when stuff like this happens... Way to go! Did that bring a tear to your eye or what!

The Gray Team said...

Amazing! I love it when they surprise you like that, just with how much they really known and understand