February 18, 2009

Alma can rhyme. . .

So, Alma loves to make words rhyme - even if they're not even REAL words.  Also, my kids love to sing the song, "I know an old lady who swallowed a fly".  They love the song and ask me to sing it often.  

So,  today I overheard Alma singing the song. . . then he started adding his own verses.  I then heard him sing, "I know an old lady who swallowed a Whale, How the H@$* did she swallow that Whale?"  I spun around and told him that was a bad word.  "What, Whale?" he asked innocently.  I corrected him, but was surprised at his rhyming talents.  We don't say those words in our house, but either he's heard it from TV, or just by chance choose that as his rhyming word.  

Ah, being a parent is an adventure!

3 comments:

Marcee said...

That's very funny!! I am sure he heard it on TV. It is in so many Disney movies... that could be where and he may not even know it. Cute little guy!

Anonymous said...

My boy's used to love it when their Dad would sing that song to them:) I am sure it was just a coincedence, and Alma could have been saying Hail not, He double l. After all you have~had a cold winter:)

tiffunny said...

Well it does rhyme well right? Kids are funny - that's a cute story to write down & remember.